B.C. is reporting 689 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 158,256 cases in the province.
In the past 24 hours, two new deaths have been reported, and the total number of deaths in B.C. is now of 1,784.
The new deaths include:
* Interior Health: one
* Northern Health: one
As of Thursday, 82.9% (3,842,302) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. had received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 74% (3,431,103) had received their second dose.
In addition, 83.7% (3,619,755) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 75.3% (3,257,934) received their second dose.
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 7,280,835 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
There are 5,982 active cases of COVID-19 in the province and 150,377 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 121 individuals are in hospital and 56 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 219 new cases in Fraser Health
* Total active cases: 1,112
* 123 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
* Total active cases: 908
* 278 new cases in Interior Health
* Total active cases: 3,368
* 27 new cases in Northern Health
* Total active cases: 239
* 42 new cases in Island Health
* Total active cases: 346
* no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
* Total active cases: nine
There is one new long-term care facility outbreak at Heritage Village (Fraser Health). The outbreak at Discovery Harbour long-term care (Island Health) has been declared over. There are 11 active outbreaks, including:
* long-term care: Kin Village West Court, and Evergreen Baptist Care Society (Fraser Health), Village at Mill Creek – second floor, Nelson Jubilee Manor, Kootenay Street Village, Cottonwoods Care Centre, and Brookhaven Care Centre (Interior Health)
* acute care: none
* assisted or independent living: Nicola Meadows, Hawthorn Park and David Lloyd (Interior Health)