INDIA is celebrating ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’ to commemorate the 75 Years of India’s independence and India’s Ministry of External Affairs is organising “Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav” online quiz at www.akamquiz.in for the overseas Indian/foreign youth to awaken the curiosity of the new generation to know more about India so that they develop an all-round understanding of India, the Indian Consulate General in Vancouver states.
Registration to participate in the quiz commenced on December 1 and will end on January 31, 2022.
The following are the guidelines for the participants to participate in the AKAM (Azadi Ka Amrit Mohatsav) Quiz:
I. Eligibility: The Online Quiz is open for overseas Indian/foreign youths in three distinct categories of participants – PIOs, NRIs and Foreign Nationals between the ages of 16 and 35 years as on January 1, 2022 (born on or after 1 January 1, 1987 and on or before December 31, 2005).
- Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) Category: A participant under this category must hold a valid PIO/OCI Card or either of his parents or one of his grandparents from the maternal or paternal side must be PIO/OCI card holders.
- Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) Category: A participant can be an NRI with a valid Indian passport and work permit of the country of residence, certifying his/her NRI status provided he/she has resided in a foreign country for a minimum of 182 days in the year 2021.
- Foreign Nationals (FNs) Category: A participant is a Foreign National, if he/she possesses the nationality of some other country and he/she or his/her family does not have any links with India with regard to their ancestry.
- Verification of Credentials: PIO, NRI or Foreign National status of winners of AKAM Quiz will be verified by the Government of India through its Embassy/High Commission in the country concerned. In case the status is not verified, the participant will be disqualified and the next in line will be declared the winner.
II. Entry Fee: There is no entry fee for participation in the AKAM Quiz. Participants will not be asked to make any payments at any stage of the quiz.
III. Quiz Structure: The quiz will be conducted in one round only. It is an online quiz with a single session of 60 minutes for 60 questions. The top three participants in each category — NRI, PIO/OCI and Foreigner — in each country will be declared the winners.
(a) AKAM Quiz Contents: Contents of the quiz will include the following topics:
A. Indian Mythology
B. Indian History till 1857
C. Freedom Struggle (1857-1947)
D. Indian polity and Constitution
E. Modern India till 2021 which will include:
- Language and Literature
- Scientific Achievements
F. Indian Geography
G. Environment & wildlife
H. Art & Architecture:
- Indian Music and Instruments
- Drama, Theatre and Dance Forms
- Indian handicrafts
I. Well known personalities of India
J. Awards and Honours
Some reading material will be uploaded on the website for participant’s reference.
Disclaimer: The questions in the online quiz will not be limited to the content supplied by the organizers. This content would be provided as an aid to participants and is indicative and does not constitute the ‘syllabus’ of this online test for the quiz. Participants are free to refer to other sources of information to prepare for the quiz.
(b) Online Registration: It is mandatory for the candidates to complete online registration at portal www.akamquiz.in in order to participate in the online quiz. Following fields need to be submitted for registration:
(I) Category (PIO/ NRI / Foreign National)
(ii) First Name
(iii) Last Name
(iv) Date of Birth
(v) City / Country of residence
(vi) Email id
(vii) Social Profile (any one of Twitter or Facebook)
(viii) Mobile number for WhatsApp
(xi) Passport Number
(xii) OCI Card details or proof of Indian origin
(xiii) Proof of NRI status (Details of Visa/Resident Permit)
The participant is required to generate a unique user name and password by registering online at the portal www.akamquiz.in. Registration for AKAM Quiz has commenced on December 1, 2021 and will remain open till January 31, 2022.
(c) Prizes: The top three winners from each category will receive Gold, Silver and Bronze medals with the AKAM logo.
(a) Rules for AKAM Quiz:
- All registered participants will be eligible to take part in the AKAM Quiz.
- AKAM Quiz commenced on December 1, 2021, and will end on January 31, 2022.
- Questions would be based on the topics mentioned above. A participant will have to answer 60 multiple choice questions in 60 minutes.
- Each question will have four answer options out of which only one is correct. To select an answer, click on one of the option buttons. To change the answer, click another desired option button. The participant must then press the ‘SAVE’ button. A participant can shuffle between questions any time during the quiz as per convenience. Candidates are required to end the round by pressing SUBMIT button. The answers that are received by the system after pressing the SUBMIT button only will be considered for evaluation.
- There is no negative marking for this quiz. Questions for each participant may be different for the same topic.
- All winners would be sent an email informing them about their success in AKAM Quiz.
V. General Rules and Regulations:
- Participation in this online quiz is voluntary.
- The government retains the right to make any changes to the event, its format, schedule, rules and in any matter related to this event, at any time before or during the event.
- The organisers are not bound to provide either an internet connection or related devices to enable participants to participate in the online quiz rounds.
- The decision of the organizers would be final and binding in all matters pertaining to the online quiz.
- In case of a tie in quiz score, the participant who took lesser time to answer questions would get a higher ranking.
- The questions in the online quiz will not be limited to the material supplied in the content sets. These sets have been provided as an aid to participants, but it does not purport to constitute the ‘syllabus’ of this online test.
- The decision of organisers on any matter related to this quiz, shall be final and no disputes, claims, etc., with respect to the quiz will be entertained.
For more details, registration and participation, log on to www.akamquiz.in.