OVER a three-day period, B.C. is reporting 2,701 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 341,286 cases in the province:
* February 11-12: 1,151 new cases
* February 12-13: 883 new cases
* February 13-14: 667 new cases
(The numbers of new and total cases are provisional due to a system-wide downtime.)
The new cases include:
* Fraser Health: 783
* Vancouver Coastal Health: 495
* Interior Health: 676
* Northern Health: 324
* Island Health: 423
* People who reside outside of Canada: none
There are 803 individuals hospitalized with COVID-19 and 119 are in intensive care.
In the past 72 hours, 17 new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,764.
The new deaths include:
* Fraser Health: one
* Vancouver Coastal Health: three
* Interior Health: nine
* Northern Health: two
* Island Health: two
As of Monday, 90.4% (4,506,205) of eligible people five and older in B.C. had received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 85.3% (4,249,831) had received their second dose.
In addition, 93.1% (4,315,735) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 90.5% (4,193,878) have received their second dose and 52.7% (2,443,314) have received a third dose.
Also, 93.5% (4,042,312) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 90.9% (3,932,861) have received their second dose and 55.3% (2,391,138) have received a third dose.
(Due to the system-wide downtime, the total number of doses administered in B.C. is not available.)
From February 4-10, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 23.8% of cases. From January 28 to February 10, they accounted for 31.2% of hospitalizations.
There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks.
The outbreaks at George Derby Centre (Fraser Health), and Westview Place, Hamlets at Penticton, Cottonwoods Care Centre, McKinney Place, Gillis House, Village by the Station and Spring Valley Care Centre (Interior Health) have been declared over.
There is a total of 39 facilities with ongoing outbreaks:
* long-term care:
– Queen’s Park Care Centre, and Good Samaritan Delta View Care Centre (Fraser Health)
– Village at Smith Creek, Pinegrove Care Centre, Mount Ida Mews, Dr. Andrew Pavillion, Poplar Ridge, Noric House, Glenmore Lodge, Trinity Care Centre, Ponderosa, Castleview Care Centre, and Overlander Residential Care (Interior Health)
– Wexford Creek, Sidney Care Home, Eden Gardens, Kiwanis Village Lodge, Dufferin Place, Salvation Army Sunset Lodge, James Bay Care Centre, Sunset Lodge, Arrowsmith Lodge, Woodgrove Manor, Amica on the Gorge, Tsawaayuus Rainbow Gardens, Berwick on The Lake, Chemainus Health Care Centre, Selkirk Seniors Village, Sunridge Place, Island View Place, Nanaimo Seniors Village, Sluggett House, Glacier View Lodge, Rest Haven Lodge and Sidney All Care (Island Health)
* acute care:
– Queen’s Park Care Centre (Fraser Health); and
– Nanaimo Regional General Hospital (Island Health)
* assisted or independent living:
– Chartwell Langley Gardens (Fraser Health); and
– Nicola Meadows (Interior Health)