B.C. is reporting 813 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 186,245 cases in the province.
(Note: The numbers of total and new cases are provisional due to a delayed data refresh and will be verified once confirmed.)
In the past 24 hours, 11 new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 1,953.
The new deaths include:
* Fraser Health: two
* Island Health: three
* Northern Health: one
* Vancouver Coastal Health: five
As of Wednesday, 87.9% (4,074,112) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. had received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 80.8% (3,745,457) had received their second dose.
In addition, 88.4% (3,823,614) of all eligible adults in B.C. have now received their first dose and 81.6% (3,529,426) have received their second dose.
After factoring for age, people not vaccinated are 24.6 times more likely to be hospitalized than those fully vaccinated.
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 7,831,229 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
There are 6,185 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 177,729 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 340 individuals are in hospital and 146 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
Note: Intensive care numbers are a subset of the total in hospital. They are not in addition to the number of people in hospital.
The new/active cases include:
* 303 new cases in Fraser Health
* Total active cases: 2,316
* 102 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
* Total active cases: 911
* 208 new cases in Interior Health
* Total active cases: 1,281
* 118 new cases in Northern Health
* Total active cases: 915
* 82 new cases in Island Health
* Total active cases: 704
* No new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
* Total active cases: 58
There have been two new outbreaks at Royal Inland Hospital (Interior Health) and University Hospital of Northern BC (Northern Health)
Two outbreaks have been declared over at Hillside Village and Village at Mill Creek – second floor (Interior Health).
There is a total of 22 active outbreaks, including:
* long-term care: Willingdon Care Centre, Westminster House, Menno Terrace East, The Residence in Mission, and Magnolia Gardens (Fraser Health), Arbutus Care Centre, and Louis Brier Home and Hospital (Vancouver Coastal Health), Cottonwoods Care Centre, Kamloops Seniors Village, The Hamlets at Westsyde, Joseph Creek Care Village, Overlander, and Village by the Station (Interior Health), Wrinch Memorial Hospital, and Jubilee Lodge (Northern Health), and Victoria Chinatown Care Centre (Island Health).
* acute care: University Hospital of Northern BC (Northern Health), and Royal Inland Hospital (Interior Health).
* assisted or independent living: Sunset Manor, and Hallmark on the Lake (Fraser Health), Hardy View Lodge (Interior Health), and Cooper Place (Vancouver Coastal Health).
When available, information on school outbreaks will be posted online: