THE B.C. Liberals on Thursday said that NDP Leader John Horgan has broken trust with British Columbians. He promised $10/day child care and has absolutely failed to deliver. Stats show the gender gap between working parents has widened as more mothers are staying home to care for their children, so it’s working mothers who are paying the price for Horgan breaking his word.
According to the B.C. Liberals:
* Universal $10 a day child care is now just an empty “slogan” and a federal pilot for 2 per cent of spaces
* The NDP promised to have 24,000 spaces by this point of their mandate
* As of May 2020, there were only 3,490 new spaces open out of 16,500 ‘funded’
* Over 85 per cent failure rate on promised spaces
* In the City of Vancouver, zero spaces have been created and $22 million spent so far
* From 2005 to 2017, BC Liberals created 39,959 spaces, or 3,330 per year