THE Fire Danger Rating for the City of Delta is now at extreme.
The Delta Fire Department said that continued hot and dry weather has resulted in tinder-dry conditions throughout the City and surrounding areas that are extremely sensitive to sparks and fire.
All residents and parks visitors are urged to use caution when enjoying Delta’s outdoor spaces and to be aware of any and all possible fire ignition sources. The Delta Fire Department said it is seeking the public’s help in keeping the parks and the community safe from the risk of fire with the following reminders:
- All fires should be immediately reported to 9-1-1.
- All residential backyard fires, campfires and open cooking fires (except approved briquette and propane BBQs) are prohibited in Delta.
Due to the extremely hot and dry conditions, effective immediately, in all parks, trails and natural lands in the City of Delta:
- No smoking or vaping
- No propane barbecues, grills or cooking devices
- No charcoal or wood burning barbeques
- No open fires or flames
- No candles or tiki torches
- No chafing fuels
Report any unauthorized activity that poses a risk of fire to the Delta Police Department’s 24/7 non-emergency line at 604-946-4411.