AS you drive around your community, you may have noticed a new crosswalk, new traffic lights or a new roundabout. These are the types of road improvement projects ICBC says it invested in B.C. last year to make roads safer for everyone, including pedestrians and cyclists.
In 2013, ICBC invested approximately $8 million in 426 road improvement projects and safety studies in more than 100 communities throughout the province. Since the road improvement program was launched in 1990, ICBC has invested approximately $120 million in road improvements across B.C.
* approximately $1.175 million in 47 road improvement projects and safety studies in Surrey, Delta and White Rock.
* approximately $603,000 in 19 road improvement projects in Vancouver.
* approximately $207,000 in 10 road improvement projects in Burnaby.
* approximately $288,000 in 22 road improvement projects in RFichmond.
* approximately $240,000 in 12 road improvement projects and safety studies in Abbotsford and Mission.
* approximately $407,000 in 23 road improvement project and safety studies in the Tri-Cities.
* approximately $284,000 in 14 road improvement projects and safety studies on the North Shore.