PHOSPHINE FROM PAKISTAN KILLS TWO KIDS: A two-year-old boy, Zia Hassan, and his eight-month-old sister, Zara, are dead while a third sibling, a six-year-old boy, remains at the Stollery Children’s Hospital in Edmonton on a ventilator after they were exposed earlier this week to a pesticide used to kill bedbugs in Pakistan, CBC reports. Two other siblings and their mother have been released from a hospital in Fort McMurray. The insecticide, phosphine, was brought from Pakistan illegally, the children’s aunt Shazia Yarkhan told the media. An unmarked container of phosphine was found in the house. When mixed with water, the pesticide creates a deadly gas.
HOT YOGA GETS TOO HOT?: Yoga guru Bikram Choudhury who runs a hot yoga chain in B.C. also is being sued by yet another woman in the U.S. who claims he repeatedly sexually assaulted and coerced her over the years she worked for him, The Province newspaper reported this week. Nothing has been proved in court in any of the cases as yet. The first complainant is scheduled to go to court in August. Choudhury has denied the allegations and has posted an email from the Los Angeles Police who said they investigated and will not be laying criminal charges.