SURREY RCMP Public Safety Fair is happening this coming Saturday, November 2, at École Salish Secondary School, 7272 184th Street, Surrey.
All Surrey residents, businesses, youth and families are invited to join the Surrey RCMP and other public safety partners to help kick off National Crime Prevention Week.
This family-friendly event will showcase the Surrey RCMP’s collaborative prevention and intervention programs with local partners, and inform the public on how they can get involved in public safety.
Attendees will also get a sneak peek of two new presentations on gang prevention and building resiliency in youth.
“Please join us for the Surrey RCMP Public Safety Fair which will be a fun, educational showcase of safety initiatives by police and our partners in the community,” says Inspector Wendy Mehat, Community Support and Safety Officer.
The Public Safety Fair will feature a number of family-friendly activities including:
· Free barbecue prepared by Surrey RCMP police officers and staff (11 a.m.-1 p.m.).
· Free on-site shredding of your personal documents with Super Save Shredding (10 a.m.-2 p.m.). Donations for the Surrey Food Bank are welcome.
· Mini-presentations of the new “Shattering the Image” module, and the brand new Project Lavender for youth (launching soon).
· Information on Surrey RCMP programs and services including gang prevention, youth services, community programs, Victim Services, property/auto crime, and more.
· Mini-Blue fitness sessions for children and youth, facilitated by police officers.
Surrey RCMP is proud to partner with the following organizations who will also be on-hand to provide valuable information:
· Safe Schools / School District 36 / Welcome Centre
· Crime Stoppers
· Surrey Anti-Gang Family Empowerment (SAFE) program partners
· Vision Zero Surrey
· Surrey Fire Service
· Surrey Parks, Recreation & Culture
· Big Brothers of Greater Vancouver
· Combined Forces Special Enforcement Unit (CFSEU-BC)
· Fleetwood Business Improvement Association
· Downtown Surrey Business Improvement Association
· Lookout Housing & Health Society
· Surrey Urban Mission Society
· Surrey Bylaws Enforcement
· Surrey Crime Prevention Society
· Phoenix Society
Surrey RCMP Public Safety Fair
Saturday, November 2
10 a.m.-2 p.m.
École Salish Secondary School
7272 184th Street, Surrey
Admission is free and registration is not required.