MOBI by Shaw Go, in partnership with the City of Vancouver, launched the Mobi by Shaw Go Essential Services Membership Program on Tuesday to provide COVID-19 essential service employees with a free 90-day pass.
Public bike share remains operational for those who rely on it for transportation and their mental or physical wellbeing. Cycling continues to be a fast and convenient way to get around while maintaining safe physical distancing from others.
“While many people are working from home, we recognize there are still many employees who are critical to helping us fight this pandemic and serving the community at large,” said Mia Kohout, General Manager of Mobi by Shaw Go. “As they continue to work and shop for their own essential goods and services we want to provide them with a safe, free commuting option.”
Lon LaClaire, the City’s General Manager of Engineering Services, added: “Mobi by Shaw Go has seen continued growth over the years and continued use throughout this health emergency. Supporting transportation options for Vancouver residents is even more important now during this crisis. We are pleased to know that Mobi is working closely with Vancouver Coastal Health and BC Centre for Disease Control to ensure safe operations are maintained for their staff and the public.”
Essential Services Membership Program Details:
· Designated essential workers who must travel at this time such as those working in healthcare, transit and grocery stores, can obtain a free 90-day pass by signing up through their employers.
· Employers of essential services professionals should email [email protected] to obtain enrollment information to distribute to staff.
· Individuals working in these fields who recently purchased a membership or have upcoming membership renewals can also access a free 90-day pass.
· The program includes unlimited 30 minute trips for 90 days.
· The free membership will not auto renew.
· For other members of the public, Mobi by Shaw Go will reduce the price of their annual pass for both new and renewing customers. Prices will be cut to $99 or $119, giving you unlimited 30-minute or 60-minute trips for an entire year. The 24-hour, 30-day, and 90-day pass options are still available for those looking for short-term passes.
· As a responsible transportation service provider, Mobi by Shaw Go encourages all riders to follow safe riding protocols as outlined on their website.
· Mobi by Shaw Go’s response to COVID-19 along with their cleaning protocols have been updated in response to recommendations provided by Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH).
· Further, Mobi by Shaw Go is diligently following the guidance provided by these health authorities to ensure riders remain safe.
For information on Mobi by Shaw Go, click here.
Follow @CityofVancouver on Twitter to receive the latest updates on COVID-19.