MICHAEL McDaniel, President of Coast Mountain Bus Company, announced on Monday that the CMBC will not be able to increase bus service in response to the planned strike by BCRTC employees on SkyTrain this week because of ” operational constraints and labour considerations .”
He said: “Bus service will be operating as it would on any regular weekday.”
McDaniel added: “The planned job action will affect Expo and Millennium Lines only. Customers should plan for higher passenger volumes than usual.”
TransLink in a statement said customers are advised to make other arrangements, if possible, such as:
- Using one of their park and rides to connect to bus service
- Travelling outside of rush hours
- Working from home
- Using a carpooling service such as Liftango and gobyRIDE
- Walking or cycling to work
- Free bike valet service at Vancouver Public Library from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
To plan a trip without SkyTrain, both TransLink’s Trip Planner and Google Maps have an option to exclude SkyTrain. Visit translink.ca/stayinformed to learn more about alternative travel options.