TRANSLINK announced on Monday that 12 bus routes are receiving permanent improvements thanks to the Mayors’ 10-Year Vision funding, and seven other bus routes will be improved through regular schedule adjustments.
- Increasing service at busy times for 5, 6, 319, 323, 351, 555, and 95 B-Line to reduce overcrowding.
- Increasing service for the 128, 130, 337, C5, and C7 to reduce wait times.
- Increasing service on weekends for the 99 B-Line – already the busiest bus route in Metro Vancouver – to better match customer demand.
- Splitting current 106 into two separate routes to improve reliability:
- Revised 106 will travel between New Westminster and Edmonds stations.
- New 119 will travel between Edmonds and Metrotown stations.
- Extending service hours to start earlier or end later for 372, 733 and 741.
- Extending service hours for N35 NightBus, to provide round-the-clock service along Hastings corridor when combined with 95 B-Line.
- Launching all-door boarding pilot for the 95 B-Line and the 96 B-Line.
Also, this month Canada Line extended weekday morning peak service by 30 minutes to 9:30 a.m. This means a three-minute frequency between Bridgeport and Waterfront stations from 9 to 9:30 a.m. to ease the morning commute.
As part of delivering the 10-Year Vision, a total of more than 210,000 annual bus service hours are being added in 2017.
TransLink says improvements to the transit network will continue to roll out over the coming years – all part of their plan to reduce traffic congestion by making transit a better option for more people.
TransLink’s two-week holiday schedule is in effect December 18 to 31. This annual schedule adjustment reflects lower ridership on routes serving schools and post-secondary institutions. Regular service resumes Monday, January 1, 2018.
Special schedules will be in place for many routes on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Eve. Free transit will once again be offered on New Year’s Eve.
To find out about improvements in your neighbourhood, visit translink.ca/servicechanges.
Holiday schedule at translink.ca/holidayservice.