AFTER consultation with the City of Surrey, and in order to help minimize the spread of COVID-19, the Library Board of Trustees has decided to close all Surrey Libraries branches indefinitely as of 5 p.m. on Sunday, March 15.
In a statement, they said: “Surrey Libraries has been closely monitoring the developments related to COVID-19. This is a constantly evolving situation and we continue to work closely with the City of Surrey and health officials to ensure Surrey Libraries’ practices reflect new information as it is available.
“The health of our staff and patrons is of upmost priority as we work to limit the spread of COVID-19. We recommend the community keeps informed on the virus by consulting reliable sources such as the BC Centre for Disease Control website or HealthLinkBC. Links to reliable sources are also available on Surrey Libraries’ website.”
During this temporary closure, the following library services remain available:
- Patrons can access Surrey Libraries’ many online resources from home including eBooks and eAudio, streaming video, online learning, digital newspapers and magazines, and more.
- Anyone who has materials currently on loan can return them through exterior book drops available at all branches except Guildford.
- Surrey Libraries’ staff are available to answer questions online at https://www.surreylibraries.ca/contact-us
- The Library will extend return due dates to March 31 for all physical items except Interlibrary Loans. Note: Overdue items have not been extended. Please contact a branch if you require assistance with renewal.
- Library fines and fees will be waived during this closure.