B.C. is reporting 1,187 new cases of COVID-19, including four new epi-linked cases, for a total of 336,229 cases in the province.
In the past 24 hours, 18 new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,725.
The new deaths include:
* Fraser Health: four
* Vancouver Coastal Health: five
* Interior Health: two
* Northern Health: two
* Island Health: five
As of Wednesday, 90.3% (4,500,635) of eligible people five and older in B.C. had received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 84.8% (4,225,555) had received their second dose.
In addition, 93.0% (4,312,613) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 90.4% (4,189,233) have received their second dose and 50.6% (2,347,591) have received a third dose.
Also, 93.4% (4,039,554) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 90.8% (3,928,825) have received their second dose and 53.7% (2,320,773) have received a third dose.
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 11,018,619 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Pfizer Pediatric COVID-19 vaccines.
From February 1-7, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 24.3% of cases. From January 25 to February 7, they accounted for 31.0% of hospitalizations.
There are 21,974 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 310,533 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 893 COVID-positive individuals are in hospital and 143 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 316 new cases in Fraser Health
– Total active cases: 8,623
* 147 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
– Total active cases: 3,688
* 370 new cases in Interior Health
– Total active cases: 7,191
* 191 new cases in Northern Health
– Total active cases: 1,119
* 163 new cases in Island Health
– Total active cases: 1,336
* no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
– Total active cases: 17
There has been one new health-care facility outbreak at Sidney All Care (Island Health). The outbreaks at Louis Brier Home and Hospital (Vancouver Coastal Health) and Victoria General Hospital (Island Health) have been declared over.
There is a total of 54 facilities with ongoing outbreaks:
* long-term care:
– George Derby Centre, Mountain View Manor, Queen’s Park Care Centre, Royal City Manor, Residence at Clayton Heights, and Good Samaritan Delta View Care Centre (Fraser Health)
– Evergreen House (Vancouver Coastal Health)
– Village at Smith Creek, Westview Place, Pinegrove Care Centre, Hamlets at Penticton, Mount Ida Mews, Cottonwoods Care Centre, Dr. Andrew Pavillion, Poplar Ridge, Monashee Mews, Noric House, McKinney Place, Glenmore Lodge, Trinity Care Centre, Gillis House, Pondarosa, Castleview Care Centre, Overlander Residential Care, Spring Valley Care Centre, and Village by the Station (Interior Health)
– Eden Gardens, Kiwanis Village Lodge, Dufferin Place, Salvation Army Sunset Lodge, James Bay Care Centre, Sunset Lodge, Echo Village, Arrowsmith Lodge, Chartwell Malaspina Care Residence, Woodgrove Manor, Amica on the Gorge, The Gardens at Qualicum Beach, Tsawaayuus Rainbow Gardens, Berwick on The Lake, Chemainus Health Care Centre, Selkirk Seniors Village, Sunridge Place, Island View Place, Nanaimo Seniors Village, Sluggett House, Glacier View Lodge, Rest Haven Lodge and Sidney All Care (Island Health)
* acute care:
– Queen’s Park Care Centre (Fraser Health)
– Nanaimo Regional General Hospital and Cowichan District Hospital (Island Health)
* assisted or independent living:
– Creekside Landing (Interior Health); and
– Nanaimo Seniors Village (Island Health)