OVER a four-day period, B.C. is reporting 2,103 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 345,734 cases in the province:
* February 18-19: 631 new cases
* February 19-20: 571 new cases
* February 20-21: 424 new cases
* February 21-22: 477 new cases
(Note: The numbers of new and total cases are provisional due to a delayed data refresh.)
The new cases include:
* Fraser Health: 615
* Vancouver Coastal Health: 326
* Interior Health: 610
* Northern Health: 215
* Island Health: 337
* People who reside outside of Canada: zero
There are 688 individuals hospitalized with COVID-19 and 108 are in intensive care.
In the past 96 hours, 44 new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,830.
The new deaths include:
* Fraser Health: 11
* Vancouver Coastal Health: 17
* Interior Health: seven
* Northern Health: four
* Island Health: five
There have been four new health-care facility outbreaks at Hillside Village, Polson Long Term Care, Mission Creek Landing and Williams Lake Seniors Village (Interior Health).
The outbreaks at Mountainview Village, Noric House, Poplar Ridge, and Pinegrove Care Centre (Interior Health), and Tsawaayuus Rainbow Gardens and Berwick on The Lake (Island Health) have been declared over.
There is a total of 31 facilities with ongoing outbreaks:
* long-term care:
– Good Samaritan Delta View Care Centre, and Menno Home (Fraser Health)
– Glenmore Lodge, Trinity Care Centre, Ponderosa, Castleview Care Centre, Overlander Residential Care, Three Links Manor, Hillside Village, Polson Long Term Care, and Mission Creek Landing (Interior Health)
– Wexford Creek, Sidney Care Home, Eden Gardens, Kiwanis Village Lodge, Salvation Army Sunset Lodge, Sunset Lodge, Amica on the Gorge, Chemainus Health Care Centre, Selkirk Seniors Village, Sunridge Place, Nanaimo Seniors Village, Sluggett House, Glacier View Lodge, Rest Haven Lodge, Sidney All Care and The Heights at Mt. View (Island Health)
* acute care:
– Burnaby Hospital, and Langley Memorial Hospital (Fraser Health); and
* Nanaimo Regional General Hospital (Island Health)
* assisted or independent living:
– Williams Lake Seniors Village (Interior Health)
As of Tuesday, 90.5% (4,512,730) of eligible people five and older in B.C. had received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 85.9% (4,282,333) had received their second dose.
In addition, 93.2% (4,319,917) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 90.6% (4,200,404) have received their second dose and 54.9% (2,542,724) have received a third dose.
Also, 93.5% (4,046,012) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 91.1% (3,938,486) have received their second dose and 57.0% (2,465,130) have received a third dose.