B.C. is reporting 1,318 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 337,547 cases in the province.
The new cases include:
* Fraser Health: 275
* Vancouver Coastal Health: 168
* Interior Health: 444
* Northern Health: 232
* Island Health: 199
* People who reside outside of Canada: none
There are 867 individuals hospitalized with COVID-19 and 138 are in intensive care.
(As of today, the number of active cases and those that have discontinued isolation have been removed from the COVID-19 pandemic update and will no longer be updated on the daily BCCDC dashboard.)
In the past 24 hours, five new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,730.
The new deaths include:
* Interior Health: two
* Northern Health: one
* Island Health: two
As of Thursday, 90.3% (4,501,768) of eligible people five and older in B.C. had received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 84.9% (4,230,298) had received their second dose.
In addition, 93.1% (4,313,371) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 90.4% (4,190,362) have received their second dose and 51.1% (2,366,985) have received a third dose.
Also, 93.4% (4,040,218) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 90.9% (3,929,828) have received their second dose and 54.0% (2,335,461) have received a third dose.
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 11,043,787 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Pfizer Pediatric COVID-19 vaccines.
From February 2-8, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 23.7% of cases, and from January 26 to February 8, they accounted for 31.5% of hospitalizations.
There has been one new health-care facility outbreak at Chartwell Langley Gardens (Fraser Health).
The outbreaks at Evergreen House (Vancouver Coastal Health) and Creekside Landing (Interior Health) have been declared over.
There is a total of 53 facilities with ongoing outbreaks:
* long-term care:
– George Derby Centre, Mountain View Manor, Queen’s Park Care Centre, Royal City Manor, Residence at Clayton Heights, and Good Samaritan Delta View Care Centre (Fraser Health)
– Village at Smith Creek, Westview Place, Pinegrove Care Centre, Hamlets at Penticton, Mount Ida Mews, Cottonwoods Care Centre, Dr. Andrew Pavillion, Poplar Ridge, Monashee Mews, Noric House, McKinney Place, Glenmore Lodge, Trinity Care Centre, Gillis House, Pondarosa, Castleview Care Centre, Overlander Residential Care, Spring Valley Care Centre, and Village by the Station (Interior Health)
– Eden Gardens, Kiwanis Village Lodge, Dufferin Place, Salvation Army Sunset Lodge, James Bay Care Centre, Sunset Lodge, Echo Village, Arrowsmith Lodge, Chartwell Malaspina Care Residence, Woodgrove Manor, Amica on the Gorge, The Gardens at Qualicum Beach, Tsawaayuus Rainbow Gardens, Berwick on The Lake, Chemainus Health Care Centre, Selkirk Seniors Village, Sunridge Place, Island View Place, Nanaimo Seniors Village, Sluggett House, Glacier View Lodge, Rest Haven Lodge and Sidney All Care (Island Health)
* acute care:
– Queen’s Park Care Centre (Fraser Health)
– Nanaimo Regional General Hospital and Cowichan District Hospital (Island Health)
* assisted or independent living:
– Chartwell Langley Gardens (Fraser Health); and
– Nanaimo Seniors Village (Island Health)