CANADA Together — at Canada Place in Vancouver — features a full day of family activities and entertainment on Friday, July 1 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The venue includes outdoor-only spaces at Canada Place, Jack Poole Plaza, and surrounding city streets.
Canada Together is the new name for July 1 celebrations at Canada Place. Planned with the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh Nations, Canada Together reimagines the event in the spirit of reconciliation and gives attendees an opportunity to learn more about the many Indigenous and other cultures that are part of the Canadian fabric.
Event highlights will include:
· Performances: Incredible performances from acts including headliner Johnny Reid, The Boom Booms, Omega Mighty, Bitterly Divine, Tsatsu Stalqayu (Coastal Wolf Pack), Spakwus Slolem (Eagle Song Dancers) with the West Vancouver Youth Orchestra, and Carsen Grey.
· Special message from Chief Dr. Robert Joseph on behalf of Reconciliation Canada.
· World Zone (North Point of Canada Place): A gathering of performances, exhibits, and demonstrations from different cultures around the world. Performances from Aché Brasil and Lazy Syrup Orchestra featuring Ashleigh Ball.
· Kids’ Zone (Jack Poole Plaza): Family friendly kids’ entertainers and activities, including the Rock N’ Beau Dance Party, the annual mascot dance-off, and performances from Mom Bop, Will’s Jams, and more.
· Food trucks: Showcasing the multi-cultural tastes of Canada with a variety of food trucks along Canada Place Way.
Canada Together will conclude at 6 p.m. and there will be no fireworks show.