CONSERVATIVE Party Leader Erin O’Toole on Tuesday shared his plan to get government spending under control and balance the budget over the next decade.
“The Trudeau government is spending $424 million a day more than we can afford and neither the Liberals nor the NDP have a plan to prevent endless deficits,” said O’Toole. “Only Canada’s Conservatives have a detailed plan to put Canada’s fiscal house in order and protect social services.”
The Conservative plan to secure Canada’s finances will:
- Adopt a responsible and measured approach to balance the budget over the next decade.
- Rein in deficits to address inflation and the rising cost of necessities like groceries and gas.
- Wind down emergency pandemic supports in a responsible and compassionate way as the recovery gets underway.
- Invest in targeted stimulus measures, such as infrastructure, to create jobs and improve the quality of life of Canadians.
- Get back to robust economic growth with Canada’s Recovery Plan, a plan to grow the economy.
“Canadians will have a critical choice in the coming election: to continue down the path of failure and soaring debt with the Liberals and NDP,” said O’Toole. “Or, a Conservative government that will build a stronger Canada with great jobs and rising wages. A Canada where every sector of the economy can share in the success of our great nation.”