BY order of the Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry, all individuals, places of work and businesses within the Vancouver Coastal Health and Fraser Health regions must significantly reduce social interactions.
The order is in effect from November 7 at 10 p.m. to November 23 at 12 p.m.
Social interactions and gatherings
Socialize only with those in your immediate household. No gatherings of any size.
- * Do not invite friends or family to your household
Funerals and weddings may proceed with your immediate household only.
- * Funeral or wedding receptions at any location are not allowed, including reception events held at community-based venues
- * This includes events of fewer than 50 people
- Group physical activities
Businesses, recreation centres or other organizations that organize or operate indoor group physical activities must suspend these activities. This includes:
- * Spin classes
- * Yoga
- * Group fitness
- * Dance classes
- * Any other group indoor activity that increases the respiratory rate
Indoor sports where physical distancing cannot be maintained are suspended. This includes activities like:
- * Boxing
- * Martial arts
- * Hockey
- * Volleyball
- * Basketball
These activities can be replaced with individual exercise or practice that allows everyone to maintains a safe physical distance.
Indoor group physical activities can only resume when the business has updated their COVID-19 safety plan and received plan approval from their local Medical Health Officer.
All businesses and worksites must conduct active daily in-person screening of all onsite workers using the COVID-19 symptom check list that is part of every business restart safety plan.
* Workplaces must ensure that all workers and customers maintain appropriate physical distance and wear masks when appropriate
* Extra care should be taken in small office spaces, break rooms and kitchens
Party-buses and limousines
Party-buses and group limousines must stop operations immediately. Resuming operations is at the discretion of the PHO and may extend beyond November 23, 2020 at 12pm.
The communities that are included
- Lions Bay
- Maple Ridge
- New Westminster
- North Vancouver
- Pitt Meadows
- Port Coquitlam
- Port Moody
- West Vancouver
- White Rock
The following communities are not included in the order:
- Central Coast Regional District
- Bella Coola Valley
- Sunshine Coast Regional District
- Powell River
- Howe Sound
During a public health emergency under the Public Health Act, the PHO can make orders as needed. You must follow the orders.
Orders can be enforced by police or other compliance and enforcement officials. People who don’t follow the order could be fined.