DISASTER Financial Assistance (DFA) is now available for eligible British Columbians who may have been affected by overland flooding from heavy rains that began on January 31 in the following regions:
- Capital Regional District
- Cowichan Valley Regional District
- Regional District of Nanaimo
- Greater Vancouver Regional District
- Fraser Valley Regional District
- Squamish Lillooet Regional District
- Sunshine Coast Regional District
All First Nations communities, electoral areas and municipalities within the geographic boundaries of these regional districts are eligible to apply for assistance.
DFA is available to homeowners, residential tenants, small business owners, farmers, charitable organizations and local government bodies who were unable to obtain insurance to cover these disaster-related losses.
Applications for this DFA event must be submitted to Emergency Management BC (EMBC) by April 4.
British Columbians can access the DFA application online: http://www.gov.bc.ca/disasterfinancialassistance