FOR the 44th year, TransLink continues its tradition of helping customers get a safe ride home by offering free transit on New Year’s Eve, from 5 p.m. on December 31 until 5 a.m. on January 1.
In addition to free transit, customers can expect more frequent service and extended hours on buses, SkyTrain and Canada Line this New Year’s Eve. Fare gates will remain open and customers are advised not to tap Compass Cards, Wristbands or Minis. Customers who begin trips prior to 5 p.m. should tap out, as per normal tapping procedures, to ensure they’re charged the correct fare.
- Buses will run on a modified weekday schedule with some routes running additional evening and late-night trips.
- Starting at 2 a.m., all NightBus routes will depart from the NightBus District.
- SkyTrain will operate more frequent evening trains and extend service by approximately one hour later.
- SeaBus will extend service by about one hour with the last sailing from Lonsdale Quay at 2 a.m. and Waterfront at 2:22 a.m.
- West Coast Express will run regular westbound service with modified eastbound service in the afternoon.
Additional SkyTrain staff, Transit Police and Transit Security Officers will be on the system to direct customers and assist with crowd control.
Use Trip Planner to check your route and bus times. Visit translink.ca/holidayservice or call Customer Information at 604-953-3333 for more details.