INVESTIGATORS from Peel Regional Police Criminal Investigation Bureau at 22 Division have arrested a 30-year-old Brampton man for a shooting incident in Brampton.
On Friday, January 10, at 2:24 a.m., police were called to attend a residential area near County Court Boulevard and Bloomingdale Drive for reports of shots fired.
Officers located several shell casings outside a residence and a damaged vehicle due to a firearm being discharged. The suspect(s) had fled the area.
No physical injuries were sustained as a result of this incident.
On Tuesday, January 14, investigators arrested and charged Jehroomien Rajendram with:
- Intentionally discharge a firearm recklessly
- Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
- Mischief over $5,000
- Fail to comply with recognizance (two counts)
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Knowledge of unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Possession of a firearm, contrary to order
He was held for a bail hearing and will attend the Ontario Court of Justice on Thursday, January 15.
Anyone with information on this investigation is asked to call investigators at the 22 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at 905-453-2121, ext.2233. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or by visiting peelcrimestoppers.ca.