THE federal Liberals said on Sunday that in this important election, Canadians have a clear choice: keep moving forward and build a better Canada for everyone, or let Conservative Leader Erin O’Toole take Canada backward with cuts to services that people rely on to get through the pandemic.
The Liberals said in their statement: “Since 2015, Justin Trudeau and the Liberal team have been delivering on a real plan to create new jobs, strengthen the middle class, and make life more affordable for Canadians. From putting more money in the pockets of families, to investing in affordable housing, and taking strong climate action, their plan has always put Canadians first. So, when we faced the threat of the global COVID-19 pandemic, they did the same.”
Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau said: “When Canadians needed our support during the global COVID-19 pandemic, we had their backs. We ensured they could continue to pay their bills, keep food on the table, and stay on their company’s payroll. Now it’s time to hear their voices. Because the decisions that the government makes right now will define the future our kids grow up in – and Canadians deserve to have their say in shaping it. Together, we need to choose how we finish the fight against COVID-19, get the job done on vaccines, and build back a better tomorrow. That’s why we need this election.”
The Liberals said that Trudeau and their team are the only ones with a real plan to finish the fight against COVID-19 and build a better Canada for everyone. Together, we will:
- Do everything it takes – for however long it takes – to keep Canadians safe, healthy, and supported;
- Help Canadians find a safe and affordable place to call home;
- Make life more affordable for families by ensuring $10 a day child care everywhere and creating more child care spaces in Quebec;
- Take bold climate action that cuts pollution and builds a cleaner future for our kids and grandkids;
- Create a fairer and more equal Canada for everyone, and continue to walk the shared path of reconciliation with Indigenous peoples; and
- Build a green recovery from the pandemic that creates new jobs, strengthens the middle class, and grows our economy.
Trudeau said: “Canadians need a plan that will benefit everyone, but Erin O’Toole’s Conservatives only want to cut taxes for the wealthy and cut services for everyone else. In this election, Canadians have a clear choice: move forward to build a better future, or let the Conservatives take us backward. I’m for moving forward – for everyone.”