EVERYONE will just have to wait in the ongoing dispute about the unclaimed $50-million Lotto Max ticket until the March 14 deadline for claiming the ticket – winners get a year after the winning draw is announced to claim it.
That is because Shoppers Drug Mart employee Gayleen Rose Elliott, who has filed a lawsuit in B.C. Supreme Court claiming her fellow employee Dalbir Sidhu has the unclaimed Lotto ticket that belonged to the workplace lottery pool which he ran, apparently does not believe Sidhu’s notice of response in which he claims that he had forgotten to buy the usual tickets on March 14 last year although he had told his colleagues that he had purchased them.
Last month The VOICE reported that in a lawsuit Elliott claimed that Sidhu initially told her that he had bought the pool’s tickets at a Surrey gas station. She said she could not find the validated tickets for March 14 in the box where their lottery tickets used to be kept. Sidhu then emailed members of the pool that he forgot to buy the March 14 tickets because of a recording error and prior family engagements. She claimed when pool members approached B.C. Lottery Corp. (BCLC) they were told their chosen numbers were never sold. Elliott claimed that Sidhu has “converted” the ticket for his own benefit. The winning ticket, which has yet to be claimed, was purchased in Langley.
Sidhu has claimed in his lawsuit that there was no contract among the lottery pool members and that he had managed the pool voluntarily with no compensation.
Well, March 14 is less than two months away.