ONTARIO’S Peel Regional Police investigators from the 12 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau have charged a 41-year-old man from Mississauga with numerous firearm-related offences.
On Saturday, February 13 at 7:38 a.m., 12 Division uniform patrol officers attended a possible impaired call in the area of Rathburn Road East and Central Parkway East in Mississauga.
The driver was subsequently arrested for operating a vehicle while impaired.
Further investigation led to police seizing a loaded black and silver Ruger SR9 9mm, prohibited, semi-automatic handgun and a quantity of a substance believed to be cocaine.
Rakeshwar Kisun, a 41-year-old man from Mississauga, was arrested and charged with the following offences:
- * Operating a vehicle while impaired
- * Knowledge of unauthorized possession of a firearm
- * Occupant of motor vehicle knowing there was a firearm
- * Possession of a loaded prohibited or restricted firearm
- * Possession of firearm, contrary to order
- * Possess firearm with altered serial number
- * Failure or refusal to comply with demand
- * Possession of a controlled substance – cocaine
Kisun was held for a bail hearing and appeared at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton the same day.
Anyone with information pertaining to this matter is asked to contact 12 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at 905-453-2121, ext. 1200. Anonymous information may also be submitted by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting peelcrimestoppers.ca.