UPDATE: Surrey RCMP announced on Thursday that Goddard (#2) and Maloy (#4) had been nabbed.
SURREY RCMP appealed on Wednesday for the public’s assistance in locating five prolific car thieves wanted on a variety of warrants (see photos).
1. Bryan McGrath: 34-year-old white male, 6’0”, 185 lbs., with hazel eyes and brown hair.
* Wanted for break and enter (two counts), breach of an undertaking or recognizance (five counts), and theft under $5,000.
2. Aaron Goddard: 30-year-old white male, 5’11”, 229 lbs., with blue eyes and brown hair.
* Wanted for failure to comply with a probation order
3. Mitchell Coubrough: 29-year-old white male, 6’0”, 141 lbs., with brown eyes and brown hair.
* Wanted for break and enter and mischief under $5,000
4. Dakota Maloy: 21-year-old Aboriginal male, 5’11”, 112 lbs., with brown eyes and brown hair.
* Wanted for assault (two counts)
5. Kelly Franceschini: 34-year-old white male, 5’8”, 160 lbs., with brown eyes and brown hair.
* Wanted for possession of stolen property, possession of break and enter tools, breach of an undertaking or recognizance (five counts), and theft under $5,000 (two counts)
“A small number of active criminals account for the majority of crimes,” said Cpl. Scotty Schumann on Wednesday. “We want to continue the downward trend of auto theft that we are currently experiencing in the city. Focusing on those known to be prolific auto thieves will help us continue to reduce auto theft in the City of Surrey.”
For more information on how to protect your vehicle, click here.
Anyone with more information is asked to contact the Surrey RCMP at 604-599-0502 or Crime Stoppers, if they wish to remain anonymous, at 1-800-222-TIPS or www.solvecrime.ca.