RCMP to release video of Burnaby Hospital arson suspect and appeal for tips

BURNABY RCMP are holding a press conference on Monday (November 15) morning to mark the first anniversary of the arson at Burnaby Hospital.

Burnaby RCMP will be releasing video of the arson suspect and appealing to the public for tips.

Last year, Burnaby RCMP noted that the arson that occurred in the evening hours of November 15, 2020, placed challenges on hospital services and patients. The emergency department could not admit patients for a period of time and patients were diverted to other hospitals. Medical appointments and some surgeries were also rescheduled.

The RCMP released a photo of a person who they said was not a suspect, and asked anyone who recognized the person in the photo or recognized himself as the person in the photo, to contact them.

ALSO READ:

Burnaby Hospital fire is arson, says RCMP