Some bus routes are experiencing detours and delays; SkyTrain, SeaBus, and HandyDART running regular service

Snow in Vancouver's Gastown at 10:45 p.m. on Saturday, February 25.

TRANSLINK said on Saturday night that with heavy snowfall throughout Metro Vancouver, its snow plan for severe weather is active. Extra staff are deployed throughout the system to keep transit moving as best it’s able.

Conditions are changing by the minute and some bus routes are experiencing detours and delays due to road conditions, particularly in some areas of Vancouver. TransLink is in constant communication with municipalities recommending which roads most need salting and plowing.

“Our best advice for bus customers is to sign up for Transit Alerts, consult our Trip Planner, or follow us on Twitter @TransLink for the most up-to-date information and route-specific information,” added TransLink.

SkyTrain, SeaBus, and HandyDART are running regular service.


ENVIRONMENT Canada says to expect snow, at times heavy, this evening with amounts of 15 to 25 cm. Temperature will be steady near zero.
On Sunday, there will be periods of snow mixed with rain ending in the morning, then a mix of sun and cloud with 40 percent chance of rain showers. There is a risk of hail in the afternoon.

It will be mainly cloudy on Sunday night with a 30 percent chance of rain showers and a 70 percent chance of flurries near midnight. Low: zero.

On Monday, it will be cloudy with a 60 percent chance of showers. High plus 3.
There will be showers at night. Low: plus 1.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.