Supports for those affected by flooding

THE Province has provided the following supports for people affected by flooding:


ServiceBC Support Line

There’s a new Service BC phone line for one-on-one help:



Lines are open daily (translators available) from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. to answer questions related to:

    • Emergency supports
    • Disaster financial assistance
    • Insurance
    • Mental health supports
    • Road conditions and travel
    • Federal supports like Employment Insurance
    • Agriculture
    • Hazardous goods
    • Water quality
  • Utilities


Financial Support

The Province is teaming up with the Canadian Red Cross to provide $2,000 to help people whose primary residences have been placed on evacuation orders due to flooding meet the immediate needs associated with being evacuated due to flooding. Eligible households will receive $2,000 from the Canadian Red Cross to people whose primary residences were placed on evacuation order due to the flooding and extreme weather event.

  • register with the Red Cross by calling 1 800 863-6582, between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.

The Canadian Red Cross had been experiencing a high volume of calls. Teams are working as quickly as possible to register people and people can also now register online at:

Evacuee Registration

If you are evacuated from your community due to flooding, you should register with Emergency Support Services (ESS) whether you need the support or not. This will help ensure that your loved ones and communities know where you are and know that you’re safe.

Step 1

Self-register online at If you require assistance with self-registration you can ask for help by calling the Emergency Support Services Info Line: 1-800-585-9559.

Step 2

Proceed to the nearest Reception Centre to complete the ESS registration. You will also be asked to complete a needs assessment to determine what short-term supports you require (e.g. food, lodging, clothing and incidentals). A list of reception centres is available at:


Disaster Financial Assistance

Disaster Financial Assistance (DFA) was declared in response to the atmospheric river causing flooding and landslides that impacted the southern portion of the province from November 14-16. This assistance is open to farmers, residential tenants, businesses, charitable organizations and homeowners. The application deadline for this event is February 12, 2022.

Residents that may have eligible uninsurable losses in more than one category may submit applications to EMBC for each category. For farmers that also lost their principal residence they may be eligible to receive support in both the homeowner and farm owner categories without duplication.

DFA covers essential and uninsurable losses for applicants who meet eligibility criteria. Financial assistance is provided for each accepted claim at 80% of the amount of total eligible damage that exceeds $1,000, to a maximum claim of $300,000.


Farmers and Livestock Producers

The Ministry of Agriculture Food and Fisheries has deployed staff to Emergency Management BC to ensure agriculture support is available, coordinated and provided. Farmers and livestock producers directly impacted by the floods are urged to contact their local industry association to provide and receive information about their situation and available support.