SHELLEY Besse, the new Chair of the Surrey Board of Trade, will be inducted at the Surrey Board of Trade’s 51st Annual General Meeting and President’s Dinner on June 17 from 5:30-8:30 p.m. at Eaglequest Golf Course.
Besse is the President and CEO of Envision Financial. She will be the 52nd chair of the Surrey Board of Trade. She will serve a one-year term from July 2015 to the end of June 2016. This is a high profile volunteer position that helps to positively impact Surrey’s business community at levels of government and advances the success of the Surrey Board of Trade.
Dr. Greg Thomas, President and CEO, G3 Consulting (an environmental science research firm in Surrey), will be inducted as the 1st Vice-Chair.
The Surrey Board of Trade annual Board Director nomination process brought in the following new faces joining its Board of Directors by acclamation:
* Stephen Dooley, Executive Director, Simon Fraser University – Surrey
* Jag Shergill, Partner, Lawson Lundell LLP
* Balraj Mann, President, BM Group of Companies (Polycrete Restorations, Penmat, Dallas Watt, YAAT, Manorlane Homes)
* Doug Tennant, Executive Director, Semiahmoo House Society
* Arvinder Bubber, Owner, A.S. Bubber & Associates – Director and incoming Treasurer
The annual nomination process also resulted in the following being re-elected to the Board of Directors:
* Jason Maynes, Partner, Panorama Legal LLP
* David O’Sullivan, President, PW Trenchless Construction
* Parm Sidhu, Airport General Manager, Abbotsford International Airport
* Steve Stew, VP Business Development, Matcon Canada
Other highlights of this event will be:
* Keynote speaker: Ian Anderson, President of Kinder Morgan Canada
* Presentation of the Child and Family Friendly Workplace Awards, sponsored by the BC Human Resources Management Association
* Presentation from the Surrey Board of Trade – Junior Achievement of BC
* Youth Leaders of Today Mentorship Program.
To attend the Surrey Board of Trade’s AGM and Dinner, register online at www.businessinsurrey.com or call 604-581-7130.