Surrey gas leak in 6300-block of 64th Avenue tracked down

SURREY RCMP announced just before noon on Wednesday that a gas leak in the area of 64th Avenue and 120th Street had originated from a rooftop HVAC unit located on a restaurant and had been dealt with. It said that the area was now safe for the public to return.

At approximately 10 a.m., Emergency Services responded to the gas leak which was believed to have originated from a restaurant in the area. No cause was immediately determined and Surrey RCMP advised the public around 11 am. that they would be evacuating the area. They urged people to avoid the area and closed the roads.