Kristjon Otto Olson
38 years old
SURREY RCMP on Friday issued a public interest warning under the Privacy Act of Canada regarding a dangerous sex offender who poses a high risk to re-offend. Kristjon Otto Olson was released from prison on May 22 in the Lower Mainland and is residing in Surrey.
Kristjon Olson has been convicted of sexual offences against minors including: sexual interference, sexual assault, invitation to sexual touching, and offences related to child pornography.
(Surrey Mayor Doug McCallum said: “Our justice system is broken when the release of a dangerous child sexual predator, who is deemed likely to reoffend, supersedes the safety of our children, our families and the innocent. This dangerous sex offender has been convicted of sexual assault, sexual interference, invitation to sexual touching and offences related to child pornography. To release such a dangerous child sexual predator, into a city that is well known for its growing population of young families, is totally irresponsible and reprehensible.”)
Kristjon Olson has been deemed a high risk to re-offend is subject to a recognizance under section 810 of the Criminal Code of Canada whereby he must abide by court ordered conditions including, in part:
- Keep the peace and be of good behavior. 2. You must comply with the electronic monitoring supervision agreement including the wearing of and care for the electronic supervision equipment.
- You must have no contact or communication directly or indirectly with, nor be alone in the presence of, any person you know to be or who reasonably appears to be under the age of 16 years except if you have the prior written permission of your Probation Officer in which case you must carry that written permission with you.
- You must not go to any public park, public swimming area, skating rink, library or recreation centre where persons under the age of 16 years are present or can reasonably be expected to be present or any daycare center, school ground or playground. This condition is to be electronically supervised.
- You must not engage in activities, volunteer work or employment that could bring you in contact with persons under the age of 16 years without the prior written permission of your Probation Officer and when so engaged you must carry that written permission with you.
- You must have no contact or communication, directly or indirectly, with any of the victims of offences for which you have been convicted or any known members of their immediate families.
- You must not date, or enter into a marriage or common-law relationship with any person who has children, or has the care of or access to children, under the age of 16 years until you have identified to your Probation Officer the person with whom you propose to enter into such a relationship and your Probation Officer has informed that person of this order and your history as described in your criminal record.
- You must not enter any liquor store, beer and wine store, bar, pub, lounge, nightclub, beer garden or any other business from which minors are prohibited at any time by the terms of a liquor license
- You must not possess, either personally or through another person, any firearm, cross-bow, prohibited weapon, restricted weapon, prohibited device, ammunition or explosive substance, anything that resembles a weapon or firearm, any weapon as defined in section 2 of the Criminal Code, or any related authorizations, licenses or registration certificates.
- You must not possess or consume alcohol, drugs or any other intoxicating substance, except in accordance with a medical prescription.
- You must not possess drug paraphernalia including but not limited to pipes, rolling papers and syringes.
- You must not possess or view any pornographic material and you must not access any pornographic material by electronic means.
- You must obey a curfew by being inside your residence between the hours of 10:00pm and 6:00am, each day. You must present yourself immediately to the door to your residence or answer the phone when any peace officer or Probation Officer attends at your residence or calls to check your compliance with the curfew condition of this order.
- You must not possess or use any device capable of accessing any computer network including the internet, or capable of storing data, except as permitted by this order.
- You must not possess or use any device capable of accessing any computer network including the internet, or capable of storing data, except as permitted by this order. While possessing or using any such device pursuant to this order you must: a) not delete your browsing history, b) not access, directly or indirectly, any social media sites, social networks, internet discussion forums or chat rooms, or maintain a personal profile on any such service, c) not communicate or attempt to communicate with any person you know to be or who reasonably appears or represents himself or herself to be under the age of 16 years through a social networking website, instant messaging service, or chat room program. You are permitted to use a device capable of accessing a computer network including the internet or capable of storing data if a) you have the prior written permission of your Probation Officer, such permission to be carried on your person, or b) during the course of your education or employment but only for the purposes of your education or employment.
If you see any suspicious behavior including, but not limited to a breach of these conditions, do not approach Kristjon Olson, but contact the Surrey RCMP at 604-599-0502, or call 911.