SURREY RCMP are now seeking applications for their Citizen and Youth Police Academy, that will run every Wednesday night for nine weeks from September 21 to November 16.
The Citizen and Youth Police Academy is a nine-week course designed to give Surrey residents and youth an inside look into policing. This interactive learning series aims to foster a better understanding between Surrey citizens and the RCMP and explore what the community can do together to enhance public safety.
The Academy will feature presentations and demonstrations by police officers and staff on a variety of topics including:
* Day in the life of a patrol officer
* Drugs and major crime
* Mental health and addictions
* Police Dog Services
* Traffic investigations
* Basic law and the court system
* Crime prevention
How to Apply
Application forms will be available for youth applicants from May 2-31, and for adult applicants from June 1-30.
All applicants will be reviewed by the Surrey RCMP with selection based on the following criteria:
* Completed application form
* Resident, student, or business owner in Surrey
* Adults: 18 years of age or older
* Youth: Surrey student in grade 10, 11 or 12
* Complete and pass a criminal record check (no record or pending charges)
* Be eager to learn, engage and participate in the course
* Be available to attend all nine sessions
Youth applicants: click here to receive an application form via email. Do NOT alter the email subject line. Applications are due by May 31 at 4 p.m. All applicants will be notified if they have been selected in July.
For more information email Surrey.CPA-EPA.Surrey@rcmp-grc.gc.ca.