AS a result of the latest mandate from the Provincial Government reinstating use of masks in all indoor public places, customers must wear masks while using public transit beginning Wednesday, August 25. This includes while boarding or waiting for transit at any indoor or sheltered stations and stops, TransLink announced on Tuesday.
Exemptions for this provincial mandate include:
* Anyone with an underlying medical condition or disability which inhibits the ability to wear a mask or face covering;
* Persons unable to place or remove a mask or face covering without assistance;
* Children under 12 years of age;
* Employees working behind a physical barrier or within areas designated for employees and not for public access;
* Police, employees, or first responders in an emergency.
While the mandate is in effect beginning Wednesday, it will take some time for signage around the system to be updated.