TRANSLINK announced on Wednesday that it is continuing to investigate the suspicious activity detected on its network on Tuesday morning.
It said that given this is an active investigation involving law enforcement authorities, it will be limiting its comment at this time.
All transit services continue to operate regularly and without impact. No transit safety systems are affected.
TransLink took precautionary steps to disable several systems, the current customer impacts are as follows:
* Customers are not able to use a credit card or debit card at Compass Card vending machines.
– Customers can now use credit cards at Tap to Pay fare gates.
– Customers can still use cash at vending machines and staff will be on hand to assist customers having any difficulties purchasing fares.
* Monthly pass and stored value may take longer than usual to load onto a Compass Card.
* Various online services, such as the Trip Planner tool, have been disabled.
– Customers may choose to use Google Trip Planner.
TransLink said it is working to restore full system functionality as soon as possible. It apologized to customers for this inconvenience and said it would provide further updates as more information became available.