B.C. is reporting 375 new cases of COVID-19, including no epi-linked cases, for a total of 218,801 cases in the province.
(Today’s case counts are provisional and may be updated.)
In the past 24 hours, seven new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,340.
The new deaths include:
* Fraser Health: three
* Island Health: three
* Vancouver Coastal Health: one
As of Wednesday, 84.8% (4,228,684) of eligible people five and older in B.C. had received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 81.7% (4,072,923) had received their second dose.
In addition, 91.2% (4,225,895) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 87.9% (4,072,902) received their second dose, and 9% (434,790) have received a third dose.
Also, 91.6% (3,960,344) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 88.4% (3,823,351) received their second dose, and 10% (434,146) have received a third dose.
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 8,709,802 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Pfizer Pediatric COVID-19 vaccines.
From November 23-29, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 58.2% of cases, and from November 16-29, they accounted for 68.1% of hospitalizations.
There are 2,936 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 213,394 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 301 individuals are in hospital and 98 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 98 new cases in Fraser Health
– Total active cases: 994
* 70 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
– Total active cases: 476
* 69 new cases in Interior Health
– Total active cases: 537
* 62 new cases in Northern Health
– Total active cases: 360
* 76 new cases in Island Health
– Total active cases: 569
* no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
– Total active cases: zero
There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks.
There is a total of five facilities with ongoing outbreaks, including:
* long-term care:
– George Derby Centre (Fraser Health); and
– Peace Villa (Northern Health)
* acute care:
– Ridge Meadows Hospital (Fraser Health); and
– St. Paul’s Hospital (Vancouver Coastal Health)
* assisted or independent living:
– Laurier Manor (Northern Health)