B.C. is reporting 379 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 221,235 cases in the province.
In the past 24 hours, six new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,369.
The new deaths include:
* Fraser Health: two
* Northern Health: one
* Island Health: three
As of Wednesday, 85.8% (4,274,610) of eligible people five and older in B.C. had received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 82.1% (4,091,486) had received their second dose.
In addition, 91.4% (4,235,490) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 88.3% (4,091,455) have received their second dose and 11% (522,264) have received a third dose.
Also, 91.8% (3,969,008) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 88.8% (3,839,978) have received their second dose and 12% (521,567) have received a third dose.
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 8,859,240 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Pfizer Pediatric COVID-19 vaccines.
From November 30 to December 6, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 59.0% of cases, and from November 23 to December 6, they accounted for 67.5% of hospitalizations.
There are 2,874 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 215,884 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 224 individuals are currently in hospital and 77 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 104 new cases in Fraser Health
– Total active cases: 924
* 64 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
– Total active cases: 497
* 94 new cases in Interior Health
– Total active cases: 580
* 49 new cases in Northern Health
– Total active cases: 276
* 65 new cases in Island Health
– Total active cases: 595
* three new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
– Total active cases: two
There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks.
There is a total of five facilities with ongoing outbreaks, including:
* long-term care:
– George Derby Centre (Fraser Health); and
– Ponderosa Lodge (Interior Health)
* acute care:
– Ridge Meadows Hospital (Fraser Health); and
– St. Paul’s Hospital (Vancouver Coastal Health)
* assisted or independent living:
– Laurier Manor (Northern Health)