B.C. is reporting 406 new cases of COVID-19, including 10 epi-linked cases, for a total of 206,690 cases in the province.
In the past 24 hours, five new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,186.
The new deaths include:
* Interior Health: one
* Northern Health: four
As of Tuesday, 90% (4,171,944) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. had received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 85.4% (3,958,398) had received their second dose.
In addition, 90.4% (3,911,521) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 86.0% (3,719,485) have received their second dose.
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 8,263,575 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
From October 25-31, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 64.4% of cases.
From October 18-31, they accounted for 72.4% of hospitalizations.
There are 4,694 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 199,480 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 445 individuals are in hospital and 137 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 133 new cases in Fraser Health
* Total active cases: 2,157
* 41 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
* Total active cases: 607
* 95 new cases in Interior Health
* Total active cases: 613
* 86 new cases in Northern Health
* Total active cases: 606
* 51 new cases in Island Health
* Total active cases: 652
* no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
* Total active cases: 59
There have been two new health-care facility outbreaks at Royal Inland Hospital (Interior Health) and Nanaimo Regional General Hospital (Island Health), for a total of 41 active outbreaks, including:
* long-term care:
– Willingdon Care Centre, Westminster House, Magnolia Gardens, Manoah Manor, Cherington Place, West Shore Laylum, Queens Park Care Centre, Heritage Village, Valleyhaven Retirement Community, Rosemary Heights Seniors Village, Tabor Home, and Cascade Gardens (Fraser Health);
– Amica Lions Gate, and Amica Edgemont (Vancouver Coastal Health);
– Cottonwoods Care Centre, Overlander, Village by the Station, Haven Hill Retirement Centre, Deni House, Brocklehurst Gemstone Care Centre, and Sun Pointe Village (Interior Health);
– Wrinch Memorial Hospital (Northern Health); and
– Chartwell Malaspina Care Residence (Island Health).
* acute care:
– Mission Memorial Hospital, Chilliwack General Hospital, and Queen’s Park Care Centre (Fraser Health);
– Royal Inland Hospital (Interior Health);
– University Hospital of Northern BC, GR Baker Memorial Hospital, and Bulkley Valley District Hospital (Northern Health); and
– Nanaimo Regional General Hospital (Island Health)
* assisted or independent living:
– Menno Terrace West, The Emerald at Elim Village, Swedish Assisted Living Residence, Harrison Pointe, Norman Manor, Pacific Carlton Seniors Community, Rideau Retirement Residence, Tabor Manor, The Cedars and Hallmark on the Lake (Fraser Health).