B.C. is reporting 501 new cases of COVID-19, including nine epi-linked cases, for a total of 157,014 cases in the province.
In the past 24 hours, one new death (Island Health) has been reported. The total number of deaths in B.C. now stands at 1,781.
As of Tuesday, 82.7% (3,833,978) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. had received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 73.5% (3,406,546) had received their second dose.
In addition, 83.5% (3,612,654) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 74.9% (3,238,165) received their second dose.
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 7,248,039 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
There are 5,296 active cases of COVID-19 in the province and 149,847 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 111 individuals are in hospital and 51 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 139 new cases in Fraser Health
* Total active cases: 932
* 92 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
* Total active cases: 758
* 205 new cases in Interior Health
* Total active cases: 3,084
* 35 new cases in Northern Health
* Total active cases: 206
* 28 new cases in Island Health
* Total active cases: 307
* 2 new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
* Total active cases: 9
There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks. There are 10 active outbreaks:
* long-term care: Kin Village West Court, and Evergreen Baptist Care Society (Fraser Health), Nelson Jubilee Manor, Kootenay Street Village, Cottonwoods Care Centre, and Brookhaven Care Centre (Interior Health), and Discovery Harbour (Island Health)
* acute care: none
* assisted or independent living: Village at Mill Creek – second floor, Hawthorn Park and David Lloyd (Interior Health)