B.C. is reporting 549 new cases of COVID-19, including one epi-linked case, for a total of 208,265 cases in the province.
In the past 24 hours, one new death (Northern Health) has been reported, for an overall total of 2,201.
As of Friday, 90.2% (4,179,061) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. had received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 85.7% (3,973,745) had received their second dose.
In addition, 90.6% (3,917,869) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 86.3% (3,733,309) have received their second dose.
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 8,311,858 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
From October 28 to November 3, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 65.3% of cases.
From October 21 to November 3, they accounted for 71.1% of hospitalizations.
There are 4,483 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 201,267 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 441 individuals are in hospital and 129 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 184 new cases in Fraser Health
* Total active cases: 1,903
* 78 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
* Total active cases: 601
* 110 new cases in Interior Health
* Total active cases: 686
* 102 new cases in Northern Health
* Total active cases: 627
* 73 new cases in Island Health
* Total active cases: 605
* two new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
* Total active cases: 61
There has been one new health-care facility outbreak at Bethshan Gardens (Fraser Health). The outbreak at West Shore Laylum (Fraser Health) has been declared over, for a total of 37 active outbreaks, including:
* long-term care:
– Cherington Place, Queens Park Care Centre, Rosemary Heights Seniors Village, Tabor Home, and Cascade Gardens (Fraser Health);
– Amica Lions Gate, and Amica Edgemont (Vancouver Coastal Health);
– Cottonwoods Care Centre, Overlander, Village by the Station, Haven Hill Retirement Centre, Deni House, Brocklehurst Gemstone Care Centre, and Sun Pointe Village (Interior Health);
– Peace Villa (Northern Health); and
– Chartwell Malaspina Care Residence (Island Health).
* acute care:
– Mission Memorial Hospital, Chilliwack General Hospital, Queen’s Park Care Centre, and Abbotsford Regional Hospital (Fraser Health);
– Royal Inland Hospital (Interior Health);
– University Hospital of Northern BC, GR Baker Memorial Hospital, and Bulkley Valley District Hospital (Northern Health); and
– Nanaimo Regional General Hospital (Island Health)
* assisted or independent living:
– Menno Terrace West, The Emerald at Elim Village, Swedish Assisted Living Residence, Harrison Pointe, Norman Manor, Pacific Carlton Seniors Community, Rideau Retirement Residence, Tabor Manor, The Cedars, Hallmark on the Lake, Hallmark on the Park and Bethshan Gardens (Fraser Health).
There have been two new outbreaks at King’s Christian School and Vernon Christian School (Interior Health).