B.C. is reporting 555 new cases of COVID-19, including three epi-linked cases, for a total of 210,758 cases in the province.
In the past 24 hours, 11 new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,234.
The new deaths include:
* Fraser Health: five
* Vancouver Coastal Health: two
* Interior Health: one
* Island Health: three
As of Wednesday, 90.5% (4,195,116) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. had received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 86.4% (4,003,628) had received their second dose.
In addition, 90.9% (3,932,843) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 87.0% (3,760,978) have received their second dose.
From November 2-8, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 63.1% of cases and from October 26 to November 8 they accounted for 70.8% of hospitalizations.
Since December 2020, the province has administered 8,373,682 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
There are currently 4,321 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 203,909 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 404 individuals are currently in hospital and 117 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 197 new cases in Fraser Health
Total active cases: 1,820
* 50 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
Total active cases: 505
* 114 new cases in Interior Health
Total active cases: 766
* 106 new cases in Northern Health
Total active cases: 573
* 88 new cases in Island Health
Total active cases: 598
* no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
Total active cases: 59
There have been three new health-care facility outbreaks at George Derby Centre, and Dufferin Care Centre (Fraser Health) and Royal Inland Hospital (Interior Health).
The outbreaks at Hallmark on the Lake, Pacific Carlton Seniors Community, and Tabor Manor (Fraser Health), Amica Lions Gate (Vancouver Coastal Health), Cottonwoods Care Centre (Interior Health), and University Hospital of Northern BC (Northern Health) have been declared over.
There is a total of 29 facilities with ongoing outbreaks, including:
* long-term care:
– Cherington Place, Queens Park Care Centre, Rosemary Heights Seniors Village, Tabor Home, Cascade Gardens, Maplewood House, George Derby Centre, and Dufferin Care Centre (Fraser Health);
– Amica Edgemont (Vancouver Coastal Health);
– Village by the Station, Brocklehurst Gemstone Care Centre, and Sun Pointe Village (Interior Health);
– Peace Villa (Northern Health); and
– Chartwell Malaspina Care Residence (Island Health).
* acute care:
– Mission Memorial Hospital, Queen’s Park Care Centre, Abbotsford Regional Hospital, and Burnaby Hospital (Fraser Health);
– Royal Inland Hospital (Interior Health);
– GR Baker Memorial Hospital, and Bulkley Valley District Hospital (Northern Health); and
– Nanaimo Regional General Hospital (Island Health)
* assisted or independent living:
– The Emerald at Elim Village, Swedish Assisted Living Residence, Harrison Pointe, The Cedars, Hallmark on the Park, Bethshan Gardens and Revera Parkwood Manor (Fraser Health).