OVER a three-day period, B.C. reported 156 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 148,487 cases in the province:
* July 16-17: 56 new cases
* July 17-18: 60 new cases
* July 18-19: 40 new cases
In the last 72 hours, two new deaths were reported in the Fraser Health and Vancouver Coastal Health regions. The total number of deaths now stands at 1,763 in the province.
As of Monday, 79.9% (3,701,843) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. had received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 53.2% (2,464,201) had received their second dose.
In addition, 80.9% (3,499,069) of all eligible adults in B.C. had received their first dose and 56.6% (2,447,323) had received their second dose.
Since December 2020, the province has administered 6,173,328 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
There are currently 653 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 146,062 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 49 individuals are currently in hospital and 12 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 63 new cases in Fraser Health
* Total active cases: 166
* 27 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
* Total active cases: 246
* 58 new cases in Interior Health
* Total active cases: 179
* three new cases in Northern Health
* Total active cases: 33
* four new cases in Island Health
* Total active cases: 21
* one new case of a person who resides outside of Canada
* Total active cases: eight
Currently, there are two active outbreaks in:
* acute care: Laurel Place at Surrey Memorial Hospital (Fraser Health)
* long-term care: Holyrood Manor (Fraser Health)
There have been no outbreaks in assisted or independent living.