B.C. is reporting 655 new cases of COVID-19, including 15 epi-linked cases, for a total of 166,068 cases in the province.
In the past 24 hours, two new deaths (Island Health) have been reported. The total number of deaths in B.C. now stands at 1,816.
As of Tuesday, August 31, 84.3% (3,908,860) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. had received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 76.5% (3,547,751) had received their second dose.
In addition, 85.0% (3,676,744) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 77.6% (3,355,134) received their second dose.
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 7,463,858 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
There are 6,045 active cases of COVID-19 in the province and 157,941 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 187 individuals are in hospital and 103 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 186 new cases in Fraser Health
* Total active cases: 1,418
* 99 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
* Total active cases: 1,026
* 242 new cases in Interior Health
* Total active cases: 2,495
* 60 new cases in Northern Health
* Total active cases: 479
* 68 new cases in Island Health
* Total active cases: 620
* no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
* Total active cases: seven
There has been one new health-care facility outbreak at Kamloops Seniors Village (Interior Health).
There are 19 active outbreaks, including:
* long-term care: Heritage Village (Fraser Health); Brock Fahrni (Vancouver Coastal Health); Village at Mill Creek – second floor, Nelson Jubilee Manor, Kootenay Street Village, Cottonwoods Care Centre, Brookhaven Care Centre, Spring Valley Care Centre and Kamloops Seniors Village (Interior Health); and Sunset Lodge (Island Health)
* acute care: Peace Arch Hospital and Chilliwack General Hospital (Fraser Health); and Fort St. John Hospital (Northern Health)
* assisted or independent living: Nicola Meadows, Hawthorn Park, David Lloyd Jones, Sun Pointe Village, Hardy View Lodge and Rose Woods Village (Interior Health)
From August 16-29, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 80.2% of cases and 88.7% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (August 23-29) – Total 4,698
* Not vaccinated: 3,285 (69.9%)
* Partially vaccinated: 485 (10.3%)
* Fully vaccinated: 928 (19.8%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (August 16-29) – Total 186
* Not vaccinated: 150 (80.6%)
* Partially vaccinated: 15 (8.1%)
* Fully vaccinated: 21 (11.3%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population (August 23-29)
* Not vaccinated: 212.1
* Partially vaccinated: 124.9
* Fully vaccinated: 28.7
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population (August 16-29)
* Not vaccinated: 9.6
* Partially vaccinated: 3.5
* Fully vaccinated: 0.7