B.C. is reporting 814 new cases of COVID-19, including 16 epi-linked cases, for a total of 171,564 cases in the province.
In the past 24 hours, no new deaths were reported, and the total number of deaths in B.C. remains at 1,842.
As of Wednesday, 85.2% (3,949,169) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. had received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 77.7% (3,601,169) had received their second dose.
In addition, 85.8% (3,711,066) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 78.6% (3,400,194) have received their second dose.
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 7,557,556 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
There are 5,550 active cases of COVID-19 in the province and 163,793 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 261 individuals are in hospital and 129 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
(Note: Intensive care numbers are a subset of the total in hospital. They are not in addition to the number of people in hospital.)
The new/active cases include:
* 241 new cases in Fraser Health
* Total active cases: 1,601
* 135 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
* Total active cases: 939
* 272 new cases in Interior Health
* Total active cases: 1,793
* 72 new cases in Northern Health
* Total active cases: 721
* 90 new cases in Island Health
* Total active cases: 485
* four new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
* Total active cases: 11
There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks.
There are 21 active outbreaks, including:
* long-term care: Northcrest Care Centre, and Menno Home (Fraser Health), Arbutus Care Centre, Brock Fahrni, and Louis Brier Home and Hospital (Vancouver Coastal Health), Village at Mill Creek – second floor, Cottonwoods Care Centre, Brookhaven Care Centre, Spring Valley Care Centre, Kamloops Seniors Village, Hillside Village, The Hamlets at Westsyde, and Joseph Creek Care Village (Interior Health) and Sunset Lodge (Island Health)
* acute care: Chilliwack General Hospital (Fraser Health) and Fort St. John Hospital (Northern Health)
* assisted or independent living: Nicola Meadows, David Lloyd Jones, Sun Pointe Village, Hardy View Lodge, and Rose Woods Village (Interior Health)
From August 31-September 6, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 77.8% of cases and from August 24-September 6, they accounted for 85.9% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (August 31-September 6) – Total 4,691
* Not vaccinated: 3,247 (69.2%)
* Partially vaccinated: 403 (8.6%)
* Fully vaccinated: 1,041 (22.2%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (August 24-September 6) – Total 233
* Not vaccinated: 184 (79.0%)
* Partially vaccinated: 16 (6.9%)
* Fully vaccinated: 33 (14.2%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population (August 31-September 6)
* Not vaccinated: 244.4
* Partially vaccinated: 108.3
* Fully vaccinated: 30
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population (August 24-September 6)
* Not vaccinated: 13.7
* Partially vaccinated: 4.1
* Fully vaccinated: 1