OVER a three-day period, B.C. is reporting 1,370 new cases of COVID-19, including three epi-linked cases, for a total of 206,284 cases in the province:
* October 29-30: 568 new cases
* October 30-31: 470 new cases
* October 31-November 1: 332 new cases
In the past 72 hours, 25 new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,181.
The new deaths include:
* Fraser Health: eight
* Interior Health: seven
* Northern Health: five
* Island Health: five
As of Monday, 90.0% (4,169,986) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. had received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 85.3% (3,954,068) had received their second dose.
In addition, 90.4% (3,909,724) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 85.9% (3,715,560) have received their second dose.
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 8,250,566 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
From October 22-28, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 64.6% of cases.
From October 15-28, they accounted for 73.5% of hospitalizations.
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (October 15-28)
* Not vaccinated: 59.1
* Partially vaccinated: 12.0
* Fully vaccinated: 2.7
There are 4,668 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 199,107 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 436 individuals are in hospital and 140 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 603 new cases in Fraser Health
* Total active cases: 2,024
* 124 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
* Total active cases: 570
* 222 new cases in Interior Health
* Total active cases: 588
* 203 new cases in Northern Health
* Total active cases: 764
* 218 new cases in Island Health
* Total active cases: 663
* no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
* Total active cases: 59
There have been six new health-care facility outbreaks at Cascade Gardens, The Cedars, and Hallmark on the Lake (Fraser Health); Brocklehurst Gemstone Care Centre, and Sun Pointe Village (Interior Health); and Chartwell Malaspina Care Residence (Island Health).
There is a total of 39 active outbreaks, including:
* long-term care:
– Willingdon Care Centre, Westminster House, Magnolia Gardens, Manoah Manor, Cherington Place, West Shore Laylum, Queens Park Care Centre, Heritage Village, Valleyhaven Retirement Community, Rosemary Heights Seniors Village, Tabor Home, and Cascade Gardens (Fraser Health);
– Amica Lions Gate, and Amica Edgemont (Vancouver Coastal Health);
– Cottonwoods Care Centre, Overlander, Village by the Station, Haven Hill Retirement Centre, Deni House, Brocklehurst Gemstone Care Centre, and Sun Pointe Village (Interior Health);
– Wrinch Memorial Hospital (Northern Health); and
– Chartwell Malaspina Care Residence (Island Health).
* acute care:
– Mission Memorial Hospital, Chilliwack General Hospital, and Queen’s Park Care Centre (Fraser Health);
– University Hospital of Northern BC, GR Baker Memorial Hospital and Bulkley Valley District Hospital (Northern Health).
* assisted or independent living:
– Menno Terrace West, The Emerald at Elim Village, Swedish Assisted Living Residence, Harrison Pointe, Norman Manor, Pacific Carlton Seniors Community, Rideau Retirement Residence, Tabor Manor, The Cedars and Hallmark on the Lake (Fraser Health).