B.C. is reporting 584 new cases of COVID-19, including 10 epi-linked cases, for a total of 204,914 cases in the province.
In the past 24 hours, nine new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,156.
The new deaths include:
* Fraser Health: three
* Vancouver Coastal Health: two
* Northern Health: two
* Island Health: two
As of Friday, 89.8% (4,163,572) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. had received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 85.0% (3,940,563) had received their second dose.
In addition, 90.3% (3,903,864) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 85.6% (3,703,431) have received their second dose.
There are 4,982 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 197,396 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 436 individuals are in hospital and 156 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 8,218,844 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
From October 21-27, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 65.1% of cases.
From October 14-27, they accounted for 73.8% of hospitalizations.
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (October 21-27)
* Not vaccinated: 296.9
* Partially vaccinated: 84.5
* Fully vaccinated: 33.2
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (October 14-27)
* Not vaccinated: 58.6
* Partially vaccinated: 12.7
* Fully vaccinated: 2.7
The new/active cases include:
* 232 new cases in Fraser Health
* Total active cases: 2,115
* 81 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
* Total active cases: 704
* 85 new cases in Interior Health
* Total active cases: 684
* 104 new cases in Northern Health
* Total active cases: 817
* 82 new cases in Island Health
* Total active cases: 603
* no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
* Total active cases: 59
There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks.
There is a total of 33 active outbreaks, including:
* long-term care:
– Willingdon Care Centre, Westminster House, Magnolia Gardens, Manoah Manor, Cherington Place, West Shore Laylum, Queens Park Care Centre, Heritage Village, Valleyhaven Retirement Community, Rosemary Heights Seniors Village, and Tabor Home (Fraser Health);
– Amica Lions Gate, and Amica Edgemont (Vancouver Coastal Health);
– Cottonwoods Care Centre, Overlander, Village by the Station, Haven Hill Retirement Centre, and Deni House (Interior Health); and
– Wrinch Memorial Hospital (Northern Health).
* acute care:
– Mission Memorial Hospital, Chilliwack General Hospital, and Queen’s Park Care Centre (Fraser Health);
– University Hospital of Northern BC, GR Baker Memorial Hospital and Bulkley Valley District Hospital (Northern Health).
* assisted or independent living:
– Menno Terrace West, The Emerald at Elim Village, Swedish Assisted Living Residence, Harrison Pointe, Norman Manor, Pacific Carlton Seniors Community, Rideau Retirement Residence and Tabor Manor (Fraser Health).
There has been one new outbreak at Vancouver Island Regional Correctional Centre (Island Health).