B.C. is reporting 596 new cases of COVID-19, including two epi-linked cases, for a total of 207,716 cases in the province.
In the past 24 hours, eight new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,200.
The new deaths include:
* Fraser Health: three
* Vancouver Coastal Health: two
* Northern Health: three
As of Thursday, 90.1% (4,176,649) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. had received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 85.6% (3,968,494) had received their second dose.
In addition, 90.5% (3,915,733) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 86.2% (3,728,579) have received their second dose.
From October 27 to November 2, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 64.5% of cases and from October 20 to November 2 they accounted for 71.8% of hospitalizations.
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 8,295,846 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
There are currently 4,451 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 200,749 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 438 individuals are in hospital and 130 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 222 new cases in Fraser Health
* Total active cases: 1,927
* 46 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
* Total active cases: 565
* 115 new cases in Interior Health
* Total active cases: 666
* 159 new cases in Northern Health
* Total active cases: 616
* 54 new cases in Island Health
* Total active cases: 618
* no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
* Total active cases: 59
There have been two new health-care facility outbreaks at Abbotsford Regional Hospital (Fraser Health) and Peace Villa (Northern Health).
The outbreaks at Manoah Manor, Valleyhaven Retirement Community, Westminster House, Willingdon Care Centre (Fraser Health) and Wrinch Memorial Hospital (Northern Health) have been declared over.
There is a total of 37 active outbreaks, including:
* long-term care:
– Cherington Place, West Shore Laylum, Queens Park Care Centre, Rosemary Heights Seniors Village, Tabor Home, and Cascade Gardens (Fraser Health);
– Amica Lions Gate, and Amica Edgemont (Vancouver Coastal Health);
– Cottonwoods Care Centre, Overlander, Village by the Station, Haven Hill Retirement Centre, Deni House, Brocklehurst Gemstone Care Centre, and Sun Pointe Village (Interior Health);
– Peace Villa (Northern Health); and
– Chartwell Malaspina Care Residence (Island Health).
* acute care:
– Mission Memorial Hospital, Chilliwack General Hospital, Queen’s Park Care Centre, and Abbotsford Regional Hospital (Fraser Health);
– Royal Inland Hospital (Interior Health);
– University Hospital of Northern BC, GR Baker Memorial Hospital, and Bulkley Valley District Hospital (Northern Health); and
– Nanaimo Regional General Hospital (Island Health)
* assisted or independent living:
– Menno Terrace West, The Emerald at Elim Village, Swedish Assisted Living Residence, Harrison Pointe, Norman Manor, Pacific Carlton Seniors Community, Rideau Retirement Residence, Tabor Manor, The Cedars, Hallmark on the Lake and Hallmark on the Park (Fraser Health).