B.C. is reporting 663 new cases of COVID-19, including seven epi-linked cases, for a total of 158,919 cases in the province.
In the past 24 hours, one new death (Fraser Health) has been reported, and the total number of deaths in B.C. now stands at 1,785.
As of Friday, 83% (3,846,528) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. had received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 74.3% (3,442,163) had received their second dose.
In addition, 83.8% (3,623,251) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 75.5% (3,266,877) have received their second dose.
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 7,296,096 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
There are 6,345 active cases of COVID-19 in the province and 150,657 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 129 individuals are in hospital and 59 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 162 new cases in Fraser Health
* Total active cases: 1,169
* 135 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
* Total active cases: 1018
* 274 new cases in Interior Health
* Total active cases: 3,504
* 38 new cases in Northern Health
* Total active cases: 254
* 54 new cases in Island Health
* Total active cases: 391
* no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
* Total active cases: nine
There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks. There are 11 active outbreaks:
* long-term care: Heritage Village, Kin Village West Court, and Evergreen Baptist Care Society (Fraser Health), Village at Mill Creek – second floor, Nelson Jubilee Manor, Kootenay Street Village, Cottonwoods Care Centre, and Brookhaven Care Centre (Interior Health)
* acute care: none
* assisted or independent living: Nicola Meadows, Hawthorn Park and David Lloyd (Interior Health)
One new workplace and communal-living outbreak has been declared at Fort St. John – Site C (Northern Health).