B.C. is reporting 677 new cases of COVID-19, including 20 epi-linked cases, for a total of 175,819 cases in the province.
In the past 24 hours, one new death (Northern Health) has been reported. The total number of deaths in B.C. now stand at 1,866.
As of Tuesday, 86% (3,985,159) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. had received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 78.5% (3,638,404) had received their second dose.
In addition, 86.5% (3,743,344) of all eligible adults in B.C. have now received their first dose and 79.4% (3,433,492) have received their second dose.
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 7,630,846 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
There are currently 6,165 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 167,416 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 288 individuals are in hospital and 140 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
(Note: Intensive care numbers are a subset of the total in hospital. They are not in addition to the number of people in hospital.)
The new/active cases include:
* 237 new cases in Fraser Health
* Total active cases: 1,948
* 102 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
* Total active cases: 1,030
* 153 new cases in Interior Health
* Total active cases: 1,583
* 99 new cases in Northern Health
* Total active cases: 964
* 86 new cases in Island Health
* Total active cases: 627
* no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
* Total active cases: 13
There has been one new health-care facility outbreak at Westminster House (Fraser Health). The outbreak at Brock Fahrni (Vancouver Coastal Health) has been declared over.
There are a total of 24 active outbreaks, including:
* long-term care: Northcrest Care Centre, Menno Home, and Westminster House (Fraser Health), Arbutus Care Centre, Louis Brier Home and Hospital, and Opal by Element (Vancouver Coastal Health), Village at Mill Creek – second floor, Cottonwoods Care Centre, Brookhaven Care Centre, Spring Valley Care Centre, Kamloops Seniors Village, Hillside Village, The Hamlets at Westsyde, and Joseph Creek Care Village (Interior Health), Sunset Lodge (Island Health) and Jubilee Lodge (Northern Health)
* acute care: Chilliwack General Hospital (Fraser Health), Fort St. John Hospital (Northern Health) and Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital (Interior Health)
* assisted or independent living: Nicola Meadows, David Lloyd Jones, Sun Pointe Village, Hardy View Lodge, and Rose Woods Village (Interior Health)