B.C. is reporting 696 new cases of COVID-19, including eight epi-linked cases, for a total of 199,534 cases in the province.
In the past 24 hours, six new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,092.
The new deaths include:
* Fraser Health: five
* Vancouver Coastal Health: one
As of Wednesday, 89.3% (4,138,787) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. had received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 83.6% (3,876,579) had received their second dose.
In addition, 89.7% (3,881,593) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 84.3% (3,646,128) have received their second dose.
From October 12-18, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 67.2% of cases and from October 5-18, they accounted for 74.9% of hospitalizations.
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (October 5-18)
* Not vaccinated: 54.1
* Partially vaccinated: 11.9
* Fully vaccinated: 2.6
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 8,088,314 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
There are 4,888 active cases of COVID-19 in the province and 192,189 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 370 individuals are in hospital and 139 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
(Note: Intensive care numbers are a subset of the total in hospital. They are not in addition to the number of people in hospital.)
The new/active cases include:
* 252 new cases in Fraser Health
* Total active cases: 1,929
* 76 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
* Total active cases: 724
* 118 new cases in Interior Health
* Total active cases: 795
* 191 new cases in Northern Health
* Total active cases: 864
* 59 new cases in Island Health
* Total active cases: 517
* no new cases of a people who reside outside of Canada
* Total active cases: 59
There has been one new health-care facility outbreak at Swedish Assisted Living Residence (Fraser Health).
There is a total of 24 active outbreaks, including:
* long-term care:
– Willingdon Care Centre, Westminster House, Magnolia Gardens, Manoah Manor, Cherington Place, West Shore Laylum, Queens Park Care Centre, and Heritage Village (Fraser Health);
– Amica Lions Gate (Vancouver Coastal Health);
– Cottonwoods Care Centre, Overlander, Village by the Station, and Haven Hill Retirement Centre (Interior Health); and
– Wrinch Memorial Hospital (Northern Health).
* acute care:
– Mission Memorial Hospital (Fraser Health);
– University Hospital of Northern BC, and GR Baker Memorial Hospital (Northern Health); and
– Tofino General Hospital (Island Health).
* assisted or independent living:
– Sunset Manor, Evergreen Manor, Menno Terrace West, The Emerald at Elim Village, and Swedish Assisted Living Residence (Fraser Health); and
– Cooper Place (Vancouver Coastal Health).